story: when i knit (which i do all the time) i have things scattered everywhere: tape measure, knitting needles, yarn, stitch holders, hooks to rescue dropped stitches, needlebook etc… so i thought i’d sew something to overcome the chaos 😉
outer fabric + lining fabric: matching fabric i used for the needle roll (100% ikea 😉 )
the „model“ in the box is my yellow jumper by the way. this is the second try – i had to frog the whole thing because it was toooo wide. the back is finished, this is the front. hope everything goes well this time *fingers crossed*
this is the matching needle roll. they are a nice couple 😉
pattern: simple plain sock. no pattern
yarn: about 70g drachenwolle „regenbogen tiger“
needles: 5mm circular needle
size: 40/41 – perfect fit for my feet 🙂
these socks helped to cheer me up immensely over the last few days. and i think i never knitted socks that fast! started the night of april 16th and finished the night of the 20th. yay for socks. i always knew that knitting was the new yoga *lol* but knitting is also therapy. anyway, the bright colours and great feel of the drachenwolle yarn did the trick. not feeling that miserable anymore 🙂
if you don’t like explicit language, don’t read on. i’m in a fuckin‘ mood to swear my heart out!
i just renamed the „boyfriend socks“ for „i hate men socks“.
why? because my damn, fuckin‘, lying, pretending, spineless boyfriend ditched me yesterday. yeah, a distance relationship is difficult but:
- was prepared to do anything it takes to make this work
- would have flewn back and forth as often as i could
- was waiting for him online like an idiot every day
- was making plans for the future
- wanted to take part in his life
- was knitting socks, sending him baked cookies, even letting my damn hair grow (said he liked long hair), which makes me feel even more stupid
- am sitting here now crying and feeling miserable
- to say it with bridget jones: i will die as a lonely old spinster and be eaten by alsatians. and no, no mr. darcy in sight to save me.
- wasn’t prepared to do the tiniest bit for this
- didn’t show up online and hung out with his friends instead
- everything was more important than me
- said that he couldn’t commit to a computer. wow, i always thought i was a real person. apparently not. what am i then? a SLIGHTLY less attractive lara croft or something?!
- didn’t want to let me take part in his life and apparently wasn’t interested in mine either
- still sais he „likes me more than i could imagine“ and still wasn’t up to fight or put the tiniest effort into making this work, the lying prick
- sure is releaved to have gotten rid of the „burden“ that there is a „virtual“ girlfriend waiting for him and wanting to spend time with him
what to do with those socks now? i don’t feel like continuing anymore. more like burning them! and poking the guy with the pointy knitting needles at places where it really hurts!
wow, mind you, last year it was freezing cold over easter. it was snowing!
this year i’m sitting outside in a tshirt knitting at 10am on april 10th! how crazy is that… 🙂 can you hear the birds and the churchbells in the background?
i wish you all happy easter and some relaxing knitting days 🙂