i started dying! well i did dye some sock yarn before – with easter egg colours, but got real ashford dyes for christmas this year. and this was my very, very first try dying roving ever.
after i had finished the dying and boiling i was was sooooo depressed about the result: the roving on the drying rack looked so dishevelled, all the fibres were clotted and wet and looked just horrible.
but time solved the problem and after drying the superwash roving was back to its soft and fluffy self! and i even really, really like the colours! the idea was to go for a snowy/wintery look and i think i quite managed that!
here it is, my first hand dyed roving. yay!